Stachybotrys Mold

Stachybotrys is a greenish/black fungus that was first found in Russian and Eastern European farmlands. Workers who would work on wet hay began to show symptoms just like those of the animals that lived there. Symptoms may be confused with allergies but are not to be ignored for they cause much serious long term health problems such as cancer, serious lung problems, cardiovascular problems even death. Normal short term symptoms include coughing, wheezing, runny nose, irritation to the eyes or throat, skin rash, and diarrhea. One thing to remember is that mold needs a moist environment to really thrive and expand, so keeping your home clean and dry will prevent the possibility of mold invasion. Although once a colony has begun, spores spread throughout the house and hide in pretty much any damp crack that it can find it’s way into. Mold spores release very dangerous mycotoxins which in turn cause all of the “allergic reactions”. Removing mold from your home is not always an easy task. If you have caught it in the very beginning stages it is possible to do it yourself by using a bleach solution and water. Although, in the vast majority of cases when people try to do it on their own using this conventional method mold finds its way right back a week or two later. Since the mold spores travel through the air, thousands of spores would have been released in the very first stages of mold colony development, and given the right conditions mold can begin growing pretty much in any part of your home, even pluming drains or damp air ducts. Those are the most dangerous because you will not be able to see them at all, although your body will be experiencing many if not all of the symptoms.

Montgomery Sansome Certifications

Better Business Bureau A+ Rated

California State Contractor’s License: 741713